Friday, November 7, 2014

Brilliant Disguise Review!


Brilliant Disguise
by Mary Anne Edwards
Series: The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #1
Genre: Traditional Mystery
Cover Designer: Jasmine Woodworth
Release Date: January 20, 2014



Detective Charlie McClung no longer finds his job fulfilling and has given up finding that "someone" his granny promised he would find. So he leaves behind the big city and his close-knit family and takes a job in a small town police department in Georgia, resigned to live a quiet life in solitude.

Things change when he meets Marian Selby while investigating the mysterious death of her best friend. But Marian swore never to love again after the death of her husband 11 years ago. What seems to be a suicide turns into a tangled web of deceit, corruption, and complicated shadows.

Can the two of them come to grips with their feelings for each other before the killer closes in on them?



Perry’s eyes narrowed as he studied McClung’s movements. He could be bad news even though he seems okay. I still don’t trust the jerk. If he would quit, move on, die. He tilted his head side to side rolling around the idea. Hmmm, dying would be the ideal situation. Maybe a drug bust gone wrong could be arranged. The chief smiled.



4/5
Marian is a normal woman who heard a the death of her friend and neighbor. She goes to try and figure out what is going on. While talking to the police she meets Mr Dreamy or Charlie McClung. They both feel the spark but refuse to admit it at first because of the circumstances.
Upon finding that she had lost another person, it really was a punch in the stomach.
The Chief said it was suicide but Marian is positive that her friend would never do that.
While charlie talks to her he realizes that what she is saying makes alot of sense an that he is not sure what is going on.
The supporting cast was awesome. I loved Marian. The story is set in the 80's. I was so surprised how this story is written with such a strong and smart leading women. Charlie is a great male lead. Very sweet and a great person.
Such a great mystery novel. I loved all these character and can not wait to read more. This is such an easy smooth read. 





Buy Book 2: A Good Girl
Amazon US ~ Amazon UK ~ Amazon CA ~ Amazon AU
Barnes & Noble


Although I was born in Mercedes, Texas, I have lived in Georgia most of my life which has been filled with a variety of experiences. Some were great and some, well let's just say I have learned many lessons the hard way.

I have been married for 33 years to the most practically perfect man, Jeff. We enjoy traveling and watching mysteries on TV. We are also a part of the drama team at our church. Funny thing, he writes all the skits, I just act. I am active in Sisters in Crime Atlanta Chapter and sit on the advisory board of Rockdale Cares, Inc., a non-profit advocacy group for the developmentally challenged.

I began writing in high school but not seriously until 1999. I write traditional mysteries and my biggest influences are Agatha Christie, Anne Perry, Caroline Graham, Elizabeth Peters, and my family. I have had short stories published in Evangel and The Associate Reformed Presbyterian magazines. I have published a collection of eclectic short stories titled, My Favorite Work of Art.

My first manuscript, Useless Beauty, is waiting for me to breathe life into it. It was put on hold because my second manuscript, Brilliant Disguise, was begging to be written. It is the first in the Detective Charlie McClung mysteries. “Brilliant Disguise” was released on January 21, 2014. The second book, “A Good Girl”, was released on September 23, 2014, and the third book, “Criminal Kind”, will be released in April, 2015. There are seven more to follow in the series.







2 comments:

Check out Destiny Fulfilled. Plus enter the giveaway

Destiny Fulfilled Laire McKinney Publication date: August 7th 2018 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Romance Only love can save them… W...