Monday, February 18, 2013

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

So my boys love bananas (who doesn't). We had been using this banana bread recipe from Nick Jr and its pretty easy and very good. But recently we have been trying to eat healthier and changing us some of our recipes.

In my search for healthier recipes I came across this awesome blog called Heavenly Homemakers. She gives you so many healthy recipes that are actually good. Also its explained easily and she tells you where she buys the food and does all this on without spending an arm & leg.

So I came across this recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Bread or Muffins and decided to make muffins. I was very surprised on how good they were and how healthy they seemed. It was easy to make. All you do is throw everything in a bowl and mix it together. The hardest part for me was mashing the bananas. Since I did not feel like getting out my blender, my muffins had tiny banana pieces in them. They were still good hot right from the oven. Just don't burn your tongue :)

 Whole Wheat Banana Bread and Muffins
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup mashed over-ripe bananas (I used 3 bananas)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter
2 eggs
Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  In a separate bowl, mash bananas, or puree them in a blender.  Mix mashed bananas, honey, melted butter and eggs into flour mixture. 
For Bread:  Spread batter into a well buttered bread pan.  Bake in a 350° oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
For Muffins:  Spoon batter into 12 buttered or paper lined muffin tins.  Bake in a 400° oven for 20 minutes.
Here is how my muffins turned out:
(Next time i'll try and get pictures of making it all.)

If you are just as interested in eating healthy as I am you should jump over to Heavenly Homemakers and check out all her amazing information!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out Destiny Fulfilled. Plus enter the giveaway

Destiny Fulfilled Laire McKinney Publication date: August 7th 2018 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Romance Only love can save them… W...