Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Homemade Bread Crumbs

So I finally got my new food processor and decided to use it to make some homemade breadcrumbs! I also had a huge loaf of bread i kinda forgot about (opps!) that i decided to use before it molded. So I used this "recipe" that I found on Make and Takes. Its not really a recipe, but a guide on how to make the bread crumbs. So this is what I did:

First I got out my new food processor.

Then I got out some ends of bread out of the freezer and the big 24 oz loaf of bread that was getting old. I preheated the oven to 200 degrees and get out a couple baking sheet.
Next I tore the bread up into pieces and tossed them into the food processor.

I processed them into fine crumbs. Then I pour the crumbs on the baking sheet and put them in the oven and bake them for an hour. About 3 times or every 20 minutes I move them around with a spatula. Mostly I do it about 2 times because I forget. :)
I used 2 baking sheets because I had alot of bread to use.
After they come out of the oven let them cool a little bit. Afterwards toss them back into the food processor to break them up is to fine crumbs.
Then pour them into a container and store them. I put mine in the freezer.
Now I have a good amount of bread crumbs. These have no seasonings in them but I figure if i want to use them as breading I can just season them however I like depending on what I am making.
If you want to see the where I found out how to make these jump over to Make and Takes.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out Destiny Fulfilled. Plus enter the giveaway

Destiny Fulfilled Laire McKinney Publication date: August 7th 2018 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Romance Only love can save them… W...