Monday, January 2, 2012

Meatball Quesadillas

I decided to use my leftover meatballs from last nights spaghetti to make sandwichs tonight. But since I have kids and the sauce soaks through the bread I decided to use tortilla's instead and see how they turned out. They were actually really good and not that messy.

So i got together the meatballs, sauce, tortillas, mozzarella cheese and canola oil. You could always add more onto yours but I like mine pretty simple.


First you put the sauce on the bottom. Then you put on the meatballs (sliced lengthwise) and the cheese. You dip your finger into some warm water to wet the edges of the tortilla and then press the top tortilla to the bottom one.


Then you use a brush and put a very light coating of canola oil on the tortilla and put it in the frying pan on medium heat. It usually only takes a few minutes per side before it is light brown.

I cut my kids up in quarters because it cools off faster and is easier to pick up. I also put some extra sauce on the plate to dip them in because my family likes a lot of sauce.

They were a really good dinner that was quick and easy. If you don't like to use the frying pan I bet that you could wrap the quesadillas in foil and bake them in the oven. I haven't tried that before so I am not sure how they would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out Destiny Fulfilled. Plus enter the giveaway

Destiny Fulfilled Laire McKinney Publication date: August 7th 2018 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Romance Only love can save them… W...