Sunday, October 26, 2014

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Kahlua Bundt Cake = Yummyness

So the hubby and I were watching cupcake wars on Netflix and it made me want to bake something. So I decided to use my bundt cake pan and try to make a rum cake.
I had to search forever for a recipe that did not have cake mix and instant pudding it it. I mean almost all the recipes called for it.
Finally I found a recipe for Homemade Chocolate Rum Cake over at Always order Dessert. It was so simply and all from scratch. Never making a rum cake before, I was sad when I found out I had to let it soak. But boy am I glad I did.
My cake after I poured the syrup in to start soaking
I followed the recipe pretty closely and just cahnging a few things. I used dark chocolate instead of bitter sweet and Pumpkin Spice Kahlua instead of Rum. We also made this Vanilla Pudding.


Seasonal Kahlua my hubby had to have.
So this morning we woke up, ground up some fresh coffee and had ourselves a piece of cake.
(dont judge you know you have all done it before).
IT WAS AMAZING!!! So moist! Not soggy or to sweet!
Isnt it so pretty!
We had so much left over that we cut it up and flash froze it to save for later. I am excited to see how this will be from the freezer!



So if you want to make this head over here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out Destiny Fulfilled. Plus enter the giveaway

Destiny Fulfilled Laire McKinney Publication date: August 7th 2018 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Romance Only love can save them… W...